Whenever saying about American food, I always think of hamburger and fast food. Truly speaking, I do not like American food, because it is too fat.
In my country, traditional food is rice, meat or fish and vegetable. We just eat bread for the breakfast. We seldom use cheese or jams because it is expensive. Some years ago, fast food is never heard in my country, but nowadays it is becoming more popular, especially in the big cities, for the youth due to convenience.
In contrast, Americans are fond of bread. I see them eat bread all the time with cheese, jams, and meat. They also like fast food so much that even children get used to eating it. I heard from a newspaper that an American mother of eight children also let them eat fastfood. I do not think it is a good idea as fast food contain a lot of fat, and there is not enough fruit and vegetable in it.
If a friend said to me that " let's go eat American", it means that we will go to eat together, but each pays for himself. This is maybe the style of America, independence and fair. This is a little different from some countries where the men or those asking to eat out first will paid.
America also have many kinds of food. However, it is really famous for its hamburger. Its hamburger is so delicious because of the meat, the cheese, and the sauce, that other countries can not imitate.
However, whenever mentioning about America, I first do not think of its food. And I do not think that America is famous for its food. Instead, it is famous for economics, education, technologies or somethings like that.
#16 - Confucius Quote
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment